Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentines Day

Supplies: Fabriano Mediovalis square notecard, Blush Rose and Chestnut Roan fluid chalk ink by Clearsnap, French Flair BG by SU!, Birds and Nests stampset by Cavallini, and sentiment from Out on a Limb stamp set by Papertrey Ink.

I saw a card done up on Mama Dini's Stamperia that caught my eye. Reverse masking, sponged ink and then stamps. I wanted to do something simple and elegant for my dear boyfriend for Valentine's Day, and this is what I came up with.

I started out with a Fabriano notecard and made a freehand mask out of a cheap piece of cardstock and tacked it down with Tombow removable adhesive. I used cheapo makeup sponges and sponged the Blush Rose ink onto the card, then inked up my stamps and randomly stamped before removing the mask. Then I stamped the sentiment and viola! Done.

No comments: