Sunday, September 23, 2007


Lots of things have been happening to me recently, hence the lack of posting going on in my life. So here's some stuff:

09/11/07- My last post. Also the day that I drove my rear downtown and interviewed at The Eye Care Center. I was there for TWO FREAKING HOURS!

09/12/07- The day the interviewer from The Eye Care Center called and HIRED ME...making $4/hour more than I was at the chiropractors office, with FULL paid benefits, paid uniforms, 401K, parking, etc. Right. Momentary panic, then accepted the job. Then I had to call my mother (who is my office manager) and tell her that I got a new job. I should mention that I worked at the chiropractors for oh...10 years. With my mom. It's been awesome.

09/13/07- The day I had to tell my boss /Dr. of ten years that I was leaving the practice to move on to a better job. That was harsh and I was a real chicken about it.

09/14/07- The day I had to tell everyone else at the office that I was leaving....ouch.

Skip the weekend because I was sick with bronchitis and just kinda rested and did nothing other than daydream about stamping....but I was too sick to sit up in the chair to do it.

09/17-09/20/07- Monday through Thursday at the chiropractors....working my butt off to get things caught up and done so that my mom (still the office manager) didn't have to do it all when I left. *sigh* Things went ok...but I took my time cleaning out my office.

09/21/07- My last day. The doctors (there are two) gave me a GORGEOUS Tiffany necklace. I get cards and gifts that make my cry....and lots of flowers that made me sneeze. I ended up giving half of them to my Grandmother so that I wouldn't die from pollen overdose. The girls took me out for lunch...then when the day ended we all got a little teary saying goodbye...though it's not goodbye, it's just 'see ya soon'...because of course I will stop by....I have a bad back, apparently. :)

I proceded to cry all the way home. Then I took my anti-nausea pill and my antibiotic and slept for 3 hours straight. I finally feel good again.

Yesterday I watched my friends baby for her while she was at work. I thought that taking him to Easton to play in the fountain would be fun since it was hot out....boy I was I wrong. The fountain went over like a lead balloon. He screamed and clung to me and wanted nothing to do with it. Luckily, Easton rents out strollers for no charge, so we got one and just wandered around untill DBF met us there. Then we headed home and had some Wendy's for supper. Good day.

Now...I'm just waiting for my Grandmother to pick me up on the way to church. I haven't been to church in this should be interesting.

I am going to stamp later though. I want to finish my latest notebook so that I have something to take notes in tommorrow at my new job.

Oh and I should mention. My best friend interviewed at the same office on Friday doing a receptionist type keep your fingers crossed that she gets it. She needs to get out of her current job. And it would be so cool to be that close to her!

No comments: