Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An oldie but goodie

Well, sorry for the lack of updates recently, but life has been pretty crummy the past few days. It'll get better, it has to....soon. It will. Ah. The power of positive thinking. :D


So I made this card a while back. I like it though. The stems are inked with a geen marker and the petals with a purple marker. I think the only stampin' Up! thing that I used on this card was this flower from the Art of Life set.
So I inked up the flower and stamped it a few times and thought, "hey, you should distress that a bit." So I busted out my handy Making Memories distressing kit and went to town. The 'primas' are also by Making Memories, and they were white. I smudged them against a violet ink pad and then attempted to dry them with my heat gun.
After melting a hole through my embellishment case...I realised that I charred the flowers. Go me!!! Burnt primas on the menu for tonight! I put em on there anyway...they didn't look too bad after all.
Added some hardware and a bit of leftover bridal ribbon and ping. Done. Burning flowers aside, I think the whole card took me 20 minutes....it took much longer to get the burnt flower smell out of my apartment. ;)

No comments: