Thursday, February 08, 2007

Not an Owl Post....

But a cute little mailbox!

Ok let's take care of the business end of things first. I cannot get Blogger to work on my laptop at home....AT ALL! Every time I try to sign in, I get booted right back to the sign in page. Michael is going to try and fix this problem this evening, so hopefully I will be able to get back to some more regular posting. I love to post, really! I have SO much to share (alot of it non-stamping related....but stuff I love anyway!) and I would like to get back to it. I can use his laptop...but all my stuff is on mine, UKWIM!?! Moving on...

I never found the Target mailboxes but I did find this larger mailbox in the seasonal aisle at the local grocery store and purchased it instead.


Supplies:

Paper-Basic Grey's Blush line (Lovin' it!), Bazzil Basics textured paper(I don't remember the color, I just grabbed it at Archivers cause it matched!). S

tamps- Stampin' Up! Carte Postale.

Ink- Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Timber Brown Stazon.

Accessories- ribbon from Michaels, Marvy Uchida Mega Scalloped Square Punch, Stampin' Up! Large and Small Oval punches.

Adhesive-Mod Podge Matte adhesive, Tombow Mono Multi.

It was actuallt pretty simple to assemble. I cut a sheet of the Basic Grey paper the size of the mailbox and wrapped it around and dented the spots where holes needed to be cut. Cut the holes, Mod Podged the paper down then added the strips of plain colored paper as accents and as well on the front. The rest was cake! Stamp, punch, ink, glue....add ribbon and VIOLA!! Cute little mailbox!

I did a OSW (which, bad Faerey....I forgot to photograph.) and made 10 valentines cards with matching envies and stuffed them inside. I gave this to my mother as a gift and she LOVES it. Her best friend conned me into making a bunch more which she sold to teachers at school, which is awesome!

Anyway. Will try and post again soon....gotta get that computer glitch fixed soon!

No comments: