Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bad Blogger! BAD!

Yes. I am a bad blogger. Tto be honest, my heart has not been into papercrafting the past few weeks. I have just had alot on my mind...the stalkers probably think I am dead! ;)

Anyway, my friend Sparky asked me if I would make up some sample invitations for him and his girl to choose from so that I can make their wedding invitations. Here is the first:

Supplies: Purple CS from Hobby Lobby (no brand noted), Very Vanilla CS by Stampin' Up!,Versamark Ink, Clear EP, Silver Pearl-Ex, Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folder by ProvoCraft, and Tombow MonoMulti liquid glue.

I used Dawn Mercedes brilliant pocket card pattern for this card, but made it larger. Finished size is 6.25x6.25. The wedding colors are purple, ivory and silver and Heather wanted something simple and elegant, with NO flowers and NO butterflies. What kind of girl doesn't want flowers or butterflies?!!? Teasing, Heather, teasing....;)

I bought a Cuttlebug embossing folder today and used it in my pasta machine...harder than I thought it was going to be unfortunately (so Michael is going to buy me a BUG when we get our tax return!!!), but I think it turned out nice, none the less. I didn't take a photo of the inside, but I mounted a piece of VV CS on the inside flap (the part that opens) the same size as the front so that the invitation can be printed on it. Then in the pocket I tucked an ivory card and envelope for the reply card, et all.

Oh right, and for my stupid moment....I realised that I have uhm "misplaced" my silver EP, and have forgotten to replace it. So I stamped the initials in Versamark, sprinkled silver Pearl-Ex over it and then clear EP over that and embossed. I kinda like how it turned out all splotchy looking, but I will pick up more silver EP in the not too distant future so that I can do this properly. I think it needs a ribbon around it to hold the card closed....what do you think?

I also don't like the cardstock weight of the dark purple. I need to find some dark purple solid colored paper that is just paper weight....this card is sooooo heavy!

In other news, the watermark that I made broke. I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with it, so I'm just typing over the card and dropping the opacity down on the lettering. Works for me, does the same job, and takes ten seconds.

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

wow...I like this invite...striking...