Thursday, June 21, 2007

Finally....a card

As I posted earlier, I have been having a bit of a rough way to go in regards to my family. Well....here's a card....


Supplies: Stampin' Up CS (Blush Blossom, Sage Shadow), Patterned paper by K&Co, Staedler cold press watercolor paper, Javabellas by Stampin Bella, White organdy ribbon, aquapainter and markers by Stampin' Up!, Green stickles, Sakura Clear stardust pen, small corner rounder punch.

Pretty, eh? I was kinda a b**ch to my mom the other day (we work together...my brother is her favorite and I've recently felt more self consious about it and hurt....) and I felt bad about it. I shouldn't have said what I did, but she took it waaaaayyyyy out of proportion and I felt like pond scum. So I came home and made this card for her and wrote a note to apologize.

I posted on SCS the other day about my severe lack of watercolouring skills. Of course Jeanne S. and JulieHRR offered up some awesome advice, so that afternoon I went out and bout a 5x7 pad of cold pressed water color paper. Oh my gosh....I am so not going back to any kind of white after watercolouring on that dreamy stuff....wow. So thanks to them!

I feel better, and we talked it out...but I still shouldn't have said it. Bad daughter. Bad!

In other news, I have been stamping more....I don't photograph everything like I should, but I do stamp more. I got a cute little light to mount on the underside of my shelf on my desk....flourescent, I know, bad....but it works so well for what I want. And slowly I am starting to get all my stamping stuff unpacked....finally!

No comments: