Thursday, June 21, 2007

Not posted in a while....sorry.

I thought I had a card for you that I stamped last night, but apparently not....as my cd that I burned is saying that there is nothing on it! Grrr!

So....I haven't posted in a while....there is a reason for it. My grandparents moved into the state from West Virginia and I have been helping my Grandmother and spending time with them. My Grandfather is very sick....two strokes and Alzheimers unfortunately...and we just had to put him into a nursing home.

Awful places, nursing homes. I had never been in one untill I went to see him there. It hurts....alot. I am lucky I wasn't driving that day because I sobbed all the way home. I hate to see him like that.

I was trying to remember him before the stroke the other day, and I couldn't come up with any memories...how much does that suck?

I am really just not in a good place right now....so maybe I'll get to post a card later.

2 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Jessica, my heart goes out to you and your family. My Dad has early onset Alzheimers, too. He is in and out most days. (He is still at home, but we don't know for how long.) Nursing homes are terrible, however, they have qualified staff and they are very much like hospitals. I feel your pain. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are going thru such a difficult time. I know how hard it is to see someone you love not be the same person they once were. My grandmother had Alzheimers too. I lived several states away and wasn't able to visit her when she got really bad (in a nursing home too)...but in a way, maybe that was a blessing, because my cousins all have memories of her how she was in the nursing home and I have memories of her how she was BEFORE. It's a no win situation either way....(((((HUGS)))))) to you and your gradma
Starla (star)