Sunday, December 17, 2006

Some Carte Postale...

Well it has been a while since I have posted, I haven't had alot of time to do anything. Starting this week though, I get to start working normal hours at work (40 hours instead of 55-60), Michael starts his new job (yay! I have seen the TN Visa...he is a LEGAL resident of the U.S. for the next 12 months!!!), so life is going to calm down considerably.


Eventually, I get to knock my hours down at work further so I will have more time to craft and stamp, therefore, there will be more posts on here! :D So the pas few weeks I have also finished most of my Christmas gifts (new sew fleece blanket for grandma and two for my brothers dorm, a scrapbook for my grandmother, and I made a lap quilt for my mom.)...I still need to wrap them all and make the tags.


Anyway....here are a couple of cards that I managed to squeeze in today:

The base of this card is Perfect Plum. On a layer of Pale Plum I stamped French Flair BG with Perfect Plum Classic Ink. I also used Perfect Plum ink to stamp the sentiment in the upper left hand corner. It needed something...so I cut a square of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the Fleur De Lis in Sage Shadow ink, DTP inked the edges then mounted it on a piece of Sage Shadow cardstock. It still needed something, so I added a bit of vanilla organdy ribbon and just tied a knot....because I suck at tying bows.



Well the base layer is Rose Red and the next layer is Regal Rose. I stamped the French Flair BG with Rose Red craft ink and sponged the edges with the same. I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock and sponged the edges, then used the handheld punch from Michaels to make the slits. Then I threaded white organdy ribbon through and tied them in knots and glued it all down with Mono Multi. It still needed something, so I stamped the bird from Carte Postale on Whisper White with Rose Red craft ink and cut it out, then mounted it with a dimensional and glue dots. I added a bit of shimmer with a Sakura clear Stardust pen.

No comments: