Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pocket Fold Card and life.

My apologies for the scan being a titch crooked.

Well...JulieHRR posted the pattern for this card on her blog and it was so cute that I wanted to try it. The paper is all just generic paper from the Michael's racks...nothing name brand, just something cute that I found. The ribbon is also just generic and I believe it was leftover from another instructors project, but it matched my card nicely. The stamps are TAC Tag Tidbits and the ink is Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Rose Coral. The sentiment is a little acrylic bit by Spare Parts, which I got on sale at Hobby Lobby. Yep....I usually only buy stuff like that when it is 50% off. ;)

I'm a bad poster. I am. I get really excited about blogging and then I just don't do it. Ugh. I did the same thing with my Xanga site and Yahoo 360....which have both gone to the wayside. Oh well. I will get to it when I can get to it. I figure that I am hardly in contact with alot of the people that I used to be in contact with constantly, so what is the point? I guess I am moving slowly into a new phase of life...keeping the friends that I want close and just kind of fading out of the old things.

Ohio Renaissance Festival is one of those things. I used to work there and be hugely active with a group there...but after some unneeded and rediculous drama, I have faded away from that. My life has no room for drama....especially drama that is fueled by one persons jealousy and abject lies. I digress. I loved my job there and I loved those people....but when I was back just to visit on Sunday, it felt weird and wrong. It felt especially weird not being there with Michael. I felt guilty and alone and I missed him.

When I worked there last year and the year before, I was still married and I didn't feel that way at all. I was -happy- to have left the hubby at home...I was thrilled to get away from him. I guess I realise now that I needed to not be with him. He wasn't the one, and I knew that they day that I got married, and I did try to stop it (John wouldn't bring the car around to help me escape....think Runaway Bride ;) ), but I went through with it because I felt I had no choice. The events of the past couple of years have made me realise many many things....

...No one has the right to tell me what to do and how I have to live my life. I will be 26 years old next Tuesday and I can make my own decisions. No one has the right to tell me who I can love or pass judgement on me because of who I am with...even if they do not like him (and especially since they have no reason to hate him as such). And no one....no one at all has the right to make me feel like less of a person because of my choices. When it comes right down to it, they are my choices and I make the choices that are best for me, regardless of what people think.

End of rant.

No comments: